Welcome to African National Parks habiting the wildlife, primates, birds, butterflies among other tourist attractions. These African national parks in the nature of the parks varies considerably not only between countries but also within some nations – the degree of protection, accessibility and type of environment for which it is intended to deliver protection. Some parks have been cleared of their original human population, others have always been essentially uninhabited, while yet others contain significant population centres.
National parks can be found in a large majority of African countries, being most numerous in Gabon, Kenya and Tanzania. Some nations also have considerable areas designated as private parks, game reserves, forest reserves, marine reserves, national reserves and natural parks. These are not included in the list below, even though some of these may resemble some national parks. For more information on such zones, see the individual articles on each country.
Here are the top African National Parks that have so many times have been ranked by CNN and are most visited by tourists in Africa.
- Kidepo Valley National Park, Uganda
- Bwindi Forest National Park, Uganda
- Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda
- Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
- Virunga National Park, DRC Congo
Kahuzi Biega National Park, DR Congo
- Maasai Mara National Park, Kenya
- Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
- Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area, Tanzania
- Kilimanjaro National Park, Tanzania
- Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Okavango National Park, Botswana
- Etosha National Park, Namibia
The above mentioned national parks are your next destinations to visit before die in 2019. They offer a variety of wildlife for wildlife safari viewing and primates like mountain gorillas in Bwindi, Volcanoes and Virunga National Parks and from here do not miss the gorilla trekking safari experience a life time adventure in Africa.